Supervision Provided By:
Rigoberto A. Garcia, Director of Health Education
This internship is for individuals are interested in Health Education and want to experience project management, development and patient interaction.
Varies depending on the project the intern is assigned.
A minimum of 4-8 hours a week for 5-6 months
• Assist in teaching our health education programs or classes.
• Provide health education information and resources to patients in the waiting area.
• Assist in community outreach events and community presentations.
• Recruit participants for our health education programs/classes in the clinic waiting areas.
• Provide health education materials, parent education information and referrals to Clinic and Community programs for children and parents.
• Assist in organizing any special events coordinated by the health education department like a resource fair or awareness walks.
• Assist with the development and implementation of health education programs and health education materials.
• Assist with the management of data collection for programs.
• Assist the health education department with administrative and organizational duties as needed.
Qualifications: Bilingual Spanish – Mandatory
• Strong communication and problem solving skills
• Having own transportation, preferred but not required
• Ability to work independently
• Spanish speaking is preferable (more opportunities available for Spanish speaking interns)
• Experience working with children required
• Responsible & hard-working
• Experience in health education, preferred
Training Provided by Health Education Department:
• Onsite orientation
• One on one training
• Send a completed Health and Wellness Supplemental Volunteer Application, resume, and cover letter to Cassie Roque, Volunteer Services Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)